We will be conducting soil preparation works at the : Coastal Nature Park (KCNP). Soil preparation is an important part of the tree-planting process. We will work to loosen and enhance the soils so it will be ready to receive native plants that will be planted the following week. The steps include:
- Weed clearance
- Soil exposure
- Soil loosening
- Soil digging
- Soil enhancement
- Tree hole readiness
Safety is our priority. Please DO NOT SIGN UP for this event if you are:
- Not fully vaccinated (an individual is considered fully-vaccinated two weeks after he or she has received the full regimen)
- 60 years or older (the current COVID-19 situation places you in the highly vulnerable group, and we want to ensure your safety);
- You have received your booster vaccination less than 14 days before the event starts (MOH advises vaccinated persons who have received any dose of the mRNA COVID19 vaccines to avoid strenuous exercise or physical activity for two weeks after their vaccination)
- On the day of the event, you must be FREE OF FLU symptoms: DO NOT TURN UP, and drop us a message, if you are experiencing elevated temperature, sniffing, a sore throat, cough or shortness of breath on the morning of the activity - instead visit a GP if you have any of these symptoms.
- Wear your mask before leaving the house, as required by law.
- Turn on your Trace Together App or carry your TraceTogether token
- Once you reach the site, please maintain a safe distance of TWO METRES at all times.
- When in doubt, remember that safety is our priority.
Important points to note:
- Participants MUST wear covered shoes; we will turn away participants with inappropriate footwear
- We strongly recommend that you bring a hat or cap to help with shelter from the sun
- Always hydrate - bring at least 1 litre of drinking water
- Bring some snacks in case if you are the sort who gets hungry quickly
- Bring insect repellent, especially if you are vulnerable to insect bites
- Bring change of clothes if you perspire a lot during physical activities
- Bring your own gloves, if you have a pair
- We will send you further details of the event 2 days before the event starts.
Event Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm