SPA is being conducted at KCNP at two plots which require attention. We will be working under prevailing COVID-19 safe management measures to keep everyone safe, responsibly.
- Please DO NOT SIGN UP for this event if you are not fully vaccinated* (an individual is considered fully-vaccinated after he/she has received the appropriate regimen of approved vaccines, including their respective duration post-vaccination for the vaccine to be fully effective).*Do note that MOH advises vaccinated persons who have received any dose of the mRNA COVID19 vaccines to avoid strenuous exercise or physical activity for two weeks after their vaccination.
On the day of the event
- You must be FREE OF FLU symptoms: DO NOT TURN UP if you are experiencing elevated temperature, sniffing, a sore throat, cough or shortness of breath on the morning of the activity - instead visit a GP if you have any of these symptoms.
- Wear your mask before leaving the house, as required by law.
- You will need to check in when you arrive at SBWR using Trace Together (app or token) as prove of your vaccination status
- When in doubt, remember that safety is our priority.
Important points to note:
- Participants MUST wear covered shoes; without this, you will not be able to participate.
- We recommend you wear long pants to work in the area
- We strongly recommend that you bring sunblock, and a hat/cap to help with shelter from the sun
- Always hydrate - bring at least 1 litre of drinking water
- Bring some snacks to munch on and prevent exhaustion
- Bring insect repellent; there are many insects on site
- Bring a change of clothes in case you get drenched or dirty after the muddy activity
- Bring your own gloves, if you have a pair
- We will send you further details of the event 2 days before the event starts.
The steps to SPA include:
- Scraping grass back from the sapling (~1 meter radius)
- Hand-weeding persistent grass sprouts at the base
- Cutting off and clearing any creepers on the sapling
- Applying leaf litter around the base of the sapling
Event Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm